Moist, fluffy pancakes are the perfect accompaniment of hot, fresh coffee. It might be a breeze to make pancakes from ready to cook pancake boxes bought at the grocery but oftentimes, prepacked pancake mixes lack that distinct fluffiness that very well reminds you of your favorite pancake your mom used to make. You need not worry for making pancakes from scratch is quite easy to learn. The primary important thing to consider is the ingredients. It is very crucial to choose quality ingredients for your batter. It is a very easy procedure and cooks quite fast.
So, how to make pancakes? Below are easy pancake making steps that you can follow.
- Sift first 2 cups of flour 2 ½ tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt. This is done to ensure that there are no lumps. You can use a sifter or a fine sieve for this.
- Mix one egg, which is slightly beaten and 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Mix the ingredients until it becomes smooth, and then add 2 tbps of melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry one while stirring it gently. Avoid over stirring as it can produce hard pancakes.
- For fluffier pancakes, you can keep the batter first in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes, or even overnight if you want fluffier pancakes.
- Heat pan on medium flame and grease lightly with butter or vegetable oil
- Pour the batter over the pan and cook first one side until bubbles form on top.
- Once the bubbles are formed, turn the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with butter or maple syrup
Now you are all set for a hearty pancake breakfast! Bon a petit!